Home > About the OIA
We have over 120 members offering a range of services.
The Outdoor Industries Association (OIA) CIC is the trade body for manufacturers, retailers and other organisations that provide products and services for the outdoor leisure pursuits market in the United Kingdom. Our role is to provide leadership and promote the outdoors, persuasively representing the industry's interests in all activities and at every level and be a high profile, campaigning organisation. We are a membership organisation, so if you or your organisation operates in the outdoors, you can find out more about the benefits of joining up here.
We remain clear in our objectives moving forward and over the next year we will continue to focus on initiatives which deliver on:
• Supporting outreach programmes to encourage more people to enjoy the outdoors
• Lobbying and informing on issues pertinent to the industry in the UK and Europe
• Promoting careers and training in the industry
• Providing up to date and relevant industry research and insight to help inform and direct strategies
• Promoting and collaborating on sustainability and environmental good practice
• Providing value to money for our members
This website is designed for both the trade and consumers. For business, we will use the site to provide up to date news and information relating to the industry, and to allow members to advertise job vacancies. For consumers, the site is a portal, providing basic information on outdoor activities and products, highlighting events and job opportunities, and providing links to other relevant sites, including those of OIA members.
We welcome your thoughts on the site and suggestions for content - please get in touch.
OIA CIC Chairman